ddd

RE: ostrostrstreambuf::freeze() problem

From: Gauland, Michael
Subject: RE: ostrostrstreambuf::freeze() problem
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 14:30:34 -0500

I was able to work around this by replacing ddd/assert.h with a link to
/usr/include/assert.h (simply removing it also requires changing the
makefile--this seemed easier).  gcc was picking up the local copy instead of
the /usr/include version, and that led to some problems with the compilation
(and somehow locked things up).

I determined this by modifying the ddd/configure script to dump information
about what it was trying to do.  I couldn't duplicate the problem from the
command line, though.  Don't know what was different about the environment the
script runs in.

I also needed to modify config.h to define HAVE_STREAMPOS in ddd/config.h to
get the build to complete.

                Michael A. Gauland
                Sr. Research Engineer - Software
                Science & Technology Division