ddd

Re: help -- configuration

From: Tim Combs
Subject: Re: help -- configuration
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:05:45 -0500

printf is a libc function.  What DDD is looking for is the source
for all those functions contained in libc.  Unless you put the source
for the functions you are using on your system, DDD won't find them.
Its not normal practice to have this source around unless you are
doing OS kinds of programming. Generally you will only need that source
to debug the functions and its unlikely (tho not impossible) that
you will find bugs in those functions.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'graphical display mode'.  To display
any variable in DDD, you can just right click on it.  If you enter that
on the (gdb) command line at the bottom, then you need to enter
the command "graph display <variable>"

Tim
address@hidden