ddd

Re: DDD installation on mandrake linux 9.0 problems?

From: J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)
Subject: Re: DDD installation on mandrake linux 9.0 problems?
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:06:38 +0200

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 16:25:51 -0700, Srikanth Arekapudi wrote:
> I am getting the following messages at the end
> checking for xmUseVersion in -lXm... no
> checking for XmInstallImage in -lXm... no
> checking for Xm21InstallImage in -lXm... no
> configure: error: The Motif library '-lXm' could not
> be found.

> and it looks like I have the Xm libraries.

No. You have the _runtime_ libraries. That's not sufficient to compile/link
code against them.

> ls -l `locate libXm`

Notice how libXm.so (no trailing version number) is not among that. That's
the only thing (besides .a) which the linker looks for.

Does Mandrake have a "lesstif-dev" RPM or similar? That's the one you need.

HTH,
Ray
--
I'm really not a very nice person. I can say "I don't care" with a straight
face, and really mean it.