ddd

RE: build problem: ddd 3.3.7 link errors on HP-UX 10.20

From: SEIP,CHRISTOPHER (HP-Roseville,ex1)
Subject: RE: build problem: ddd 3.3.7 link errors on HP-UX 10.20
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:37:20 -0700

Chris Seip & Andrew Gaylard conversed:
AG> OK Chris (and everyone else on the list),
AG> I've made a couple of small changes to the
AG> configure script. You need to:
AG> 1. Get ddd-3.3.8test1.tar.gz from
AG>    www.sf.net/projects/ddd
AG> 2. ./configure --with-athena-includes=\
AG>    /usr/contrib/X11R6/include \
AG>    --with-athena-libraries=/usr/contrib/X11R6/lib
AG> 3. make CFLAGS=-O2 CXXFLAGS=-O2 \
AG>    LDFLAGS=-L/opt/gcc-3.3.1/lib
AG> (Substitute the location where your gcc libraries
AG> are installed.)
AG> This is documented in the HPUX section in the
AG> PROBLEMS file.
AG> Please confirm that this works for you.
AG> Andrew.
AG> PS: please feel free to test 3.3.8test1; if there
AG> are problems, I'd like to know before making the
AG> real 3.3.8 release.  But keep in mind that this
AG> is a test release, OK?  So no flames... :)

Wow - thanks! - phew.  What are the chances I can apply
your work to my goal of getting 3.3.7 set up?  Do you
think your 3.3.8test1 configure script will work in a
3.3.7 source tree?  (I'll probably have a chance to give
this a try within an hour... but then the compiling takes
quite a while.)

Thanks again,

--Chris--