ddd

displaying structs of the linux kernel in ddd

From: Foris . Gabor
Subject: displaying structs of the linux kernel in ddd
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:18:24 +0200

Hello,

I have a question concerning displaying structures from the linux kernel. I am
actually debugging the linux kernel remotely via a serial connection using
kgdb. On my development machine (target machine is the one which is debugged) I
run "ddd vmlinux" and it connects to the remote machine when I issue the
command remote target /dev/ttyS0 all right. Then I can set up breakpoints in
the source files and can browse among them and I can make debugging step-by-
step. However, when I try display a structure from the linux kernel (e.g.
sk_buff), ddd fails to show it (only its address is shown). I tried to
recompile all the kernel with -g added to any FLAGS possible and I also
included frame-pointers: -fno-omit-frame-pointers but no use.

Anybody could give any help, would be appreciated.

Regards,
Gabor