ddd

Re: Question about not deferenceable pointers

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: Question about not deferenceable pointers
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 17:05:55 +0200

Uli Tuerk wrote:
Hi Andrew!

Is your pointer a void* ?

If so, the underlying debugger has no idea what structure to show
when dereferencing it.

Yes, it is. I thought, it isn't but the definition of the field was well hidden :-( Thanks for the hint! Is there any way to typecast the pointer when using gdb? I know the data type it points to. I tried to give the typecast in the display command but without success (e.g. "(RegNode *) n" when n is the pointer).

Yes, you definitely can:

print (RegNode *)n
graph display ((RegNode *)n)

works for me.