demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] Questions on delegation and votes

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Questions on delegation and votes
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:21:57 +0200

Hello,

I have several issues on delegation and votes. I would like to have your
position on them.

 1. What if a participant delegates a domain in which he has already
    expressed some votes?

   1.a. Should we do not touch the votes? Issue: the participant could
        vote twice once the delegate votes on the same question.

   1.b. Should we remove participant votes? Issue: Will he be happy to
        have his votes lost?

 2. Same issue for a delegate that votes on a question, then delegates
    the question's domain (or sub-domain) to another delegate.

Do you see any simple rule that we should apply on delegation of already
expressed vote?

My personnal position would be: once a participant has delegated a
domain, all of his votes on this domain and sub-domains are canceled.

Yours,
d. -- there is no such thing as a simple delegation ;)
--
 David Mentré <address@hidden>
   http://www.linux-france.org/~dmentre/david-mentre-public-key.asc