demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] A comment on Drupal interface used for votes

From: Augustin
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] A comment on Drupal interface used for votes
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 18:47:40 +0800

David,

On Monday 09 October 2006 05:56 pm, David MENTRE wrote:
> 2006/10/9, Augustin <address@hidden>:
> > The thing is that the cgi script you point to relies exclusively on
> > javascript.
>
> No. http://www.linux-france.org/cgi-bin/demexpweb.cgi is using only
> plain HTML (look at the generated code) with hidden forms.

I only looked at ketty's interface, and my comments was based on what I saw
there.
I cannot use your interface because I always get an error. If I try to get a
question, I always get:
  Failure("ds_scan_token 13")

You wrote:

> I would much prefer to have two lists, my vote and available answers,
> and moving from one to the other.

I don't know how to achieve this in HTML, WITHOUT having to reload the page
after each choice is made (which will put an additional strain on the
server).

Do you remember that I coded a phpBB MOD for Condorcet?
I thought a lot about html-only ballot design, at that time.
I have a much better design that I can use, but it would require a change on
the server...
... or maybe not... but it requires much more coding from me.
... but this is a less urgent issue. I'll do it in stage one, only if I'm
ready much earlier than you, otherwise it can wait stage 2.

> > Shall I do that?
>
> Yes, it would improve the interface.

ok. done, uploaded.

> *But* the number of possible answers can be quite high (until 1024 in
> current server).

I see your point, but we are not quite there, yet.
Anyway, with 1024 answer, there will not be any optimal ballot design :)

Augustin.

--
http://www.wechange.org/
Because we and the world need to change.

http://www.reuniting.info/
Intimate Relationships, peace and harmony in the couple.

http://www.gnosis-usa.com/
Revolutionary Psychology, White Tantrism, Dream Yoga...

http://www.masquilier.org/
Condorcet, Approval alternative, better voting methods.