demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] Re: About your demexp account creation

From: Augustin
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Re: About your demexp account creation
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:53:58 +0800

Hello Fabrice and David,

On Friday 13 October 2006 02:25 pm, David MENTRE wrote:
> Augustin, to summarize the current situation as far as undesrtood it:
> Fabrice created a Drupal account and them asked for a demexp account,
> but he used "demo" as name of his demexp account. I don't want that
> and I sent him an email accordingly.

> Now the question: how can he or me change his demexp account name in
> Drupal?

This is a special case for the "test" server, where we have a well known
'demo' account. This scenario shouldn't happen on the "official" server.

I have directly manipulated the DB, and attributed the 'demo' account to user
1, Drupal's admin user who cannot vote anyway.
This way,
1) nobody else can use the demo account anymore.
2) Fabrice can use the form again to request an account for himself.

When I get some time, I'll add a procedure for the account administrator
(David), to cancel/erase such requests, where it is proved that the Drupal
user is not the owner of the demexp account.

All in all, the new procedure is working, because it allowed you to prevent
someone from using the demo account, because of "identity mismatch".

augustin.