demexp-dev

web site admin access (Re: [Demexp-dev] Re: About your demexp account cr

From: Augustin
Subject: web site admin access (Re: [Demexp-dev] Re: About your demexp account creation
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 10:55:30 +0800

Hi ketty,

On Saturday 14 October 2006 12:37 am, ketty . wrote:
> On 10/13/06, Augustin <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I have directly manipulated the DB, and attributed the 'demo' account to
> > user
> > 1, Drupal's admin user who cannot vote anyway.
>
> Could not admins access the demexp server anonymously instead? ie without
> logging in? Or is a demexp account needed for anything else except voting?

Everything that can be done anonymously, without login, is already visible on
the web site, even for web crawlers. The web site admin has no less rights in
that respect.

The idea to prevent the web site admin from having a voting account in demexp
is because the web site admin will change over time. Today it's me, later it
may be someone else.

Also, it has been agreed earlier on to separate the powers, not have all the
powers in the same hands. I have the power over the web site, others have
more powers to administer the demexp server, and only David has power over
everything! :)

Augustin.

--
http://www.wechange.org/
Because we and the world need to change.

http://www.reuniting.info/
Intimate Relationships, peace and harmony in the couple.

http://www.gnosis-usa.com/
Revolutionary Psychology, White Tantrism, Dream Yoga...

http://www.masquilier.org/
Condorcet, Approval alternative, better voting methods.