demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] Re: Issue to setup the latest demexpweb.cgi

From: ketty
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Re: Issue to setup the latest demexpweb.cgi
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:24:40 +0200

Hi,

On 10/17/06, David MENTRE <address@hidden > wrote:
Hello Ketty,

I'm trying to execute your merged code on my local
machine. Unfortunatly, that does not go very well. :-(

First of all, if I use the option --gettext-dir to demexpweb.bin in
demexpweb.cgi shell script, I always get:
"
Software error
Failure("setlocale(invalid localization)")
"
for "en" and "sv" locales (strangely enough, not for the "fr" one).

Do you have en and sv locales installed? Are they listed when you do "locale -a" ? Currently the locales are set to the exact strings: "fr_FR.UTF-8", "en_US.UTF-8" and "sv_SE.UTF-8" because setting them to only fr/en/sv mysteriously fails with ocaml-gettext as you seem to have noticed previously.

Secondly, the interface displays correctly without this option however I
can't browse the position base: nothing happens when I click or double
click on a tag. None of the top buttons are working neither.

But apparently there is the same issue on your own version of the CGI:
   http://equah.afraid.org/demexp/demexpweb.cgi

That page is working correctly for me... strange.. What browser and browser-version are you using? Is _javascript_ enabled? Could you show me the generated html-mess?