Re: [Denemo-devel] Running Denemo from the tcl interpreter

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Running Denemo from the tcl interpreter
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 08:35:17 -0500

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 09:31 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 00:42 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > The generate_source is to create the interface file like
> > denemointerface.i or denemointerface.h correct?
> yes (and to generate other things).
> What generate_source.c is (at the abstract level) is a database of our
> built-in commands, with a bit of access mechanism attached all in one
> file. The data is the unmenued_commands[] array (plus a bit more I think
> just embedded in loops of foreach duration??) and the access mechanism
> is some printf statements and loops.
>  It's just the cheapest way for a C programmer to store something which
> they are sure they will want to output in various formats. A competent
> awk, bash ... writer would do things differently, but I can only hold
> one language in my head at any one time.
> So until now it was generating menu_entries[] and callback functions,
> and we will now want to use it to generate an interface to some
> scripting language.
> BTW you mentioned having got the tidy-up part done but getting a
> compilation error? You will have hit the fact that the last entry in
> menu_entries[] cannot have a trailing comma? You can put a dummy entry
> at the end of the array and put the #include "entries.h" before it.

I took another look at it. There are many other errors and warnings.
Many of the warnings are like this:

callbacks.h: In function ‘file_newwrapper_cb’:
callbacks.h:1381: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘file_newwrapper’ from
incompatible pointer type
callbacks.h: In function ‘file_open_with_check_cb’:

Here are a few of the errors:

callbacks.h:1505: error: static declaration of ‘printexcerptpreview_cb’
follows non-static declaration
print.h:11: error: previous declaration of ‘printexcerptpreview_cb’ was
here

I looked at the code some of the time functions were called with an
argument of function(gui) when the functions was defines as
function(null).

I am attaching my latest generate_source.c