[Denemo-devel] Editing notes in chords.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Editing notes in chords.
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:30:49 +0100

At the moment if you have a chord (c e g) and you want to change it to
(e g c') you need to be careful not to double a note as you edit.
That is, in Edit mode if you place the cursor on the c and type e then
the c disappears, and when you type g the e disappears and when you type
c you end up with just the note c and have to add the other notes back
in. This is because Denemo does not allow multiple same notes in a
chord, carefully checks and refuses silently to do it.
I've turned this feature off. This has a two advantages
- you can edit freely, without changing the number of notes in a chord
- you can get two notes on the same step in LilyPond

I did this with scripting in mind - it would be painful to edit chords
from a script if you had to keep track of overlapping notes.
I've just remembered that I haven't checked midi output though.
Checked in to git.