[Denemo-devel] Beginner's questions

From: Peter Humphrey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Beginner's questions
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 16:57:30 +0000

Hello,

(I hope this is the right place to ask - if it's not, please direct me.)

Having spent an afternoon playing with Denemo on my Gentoo Linux system, I'd
now like to ask for some guidance. I'm a member of a male-voice choir, so I
want to lay out a score for four vocal parts and their accompanying piano.
Perhaps Denemo is overkill for this, I don't know.

1.      The package includes the template choral/SATB-Piano.denemo, and I'd
like
to know whether a similar one exists for TTBB with piano.

2.      I have a roughly hand-notated score for a simple carol, which I'm
trying
to lay out more legibly using Denemo, but I haven't found how to make the
result look like the TTBB+piano scores I'm used to using. I can see how to
put two tenor voices, or baritone and bass, on a single stave, but how do I
make all one voice's stems point up and all the other one's down?

3.      The lyrics are essential, of course, but I can't see how to write them
align with their notes. Is there, for example, a syllable marker?

4.      How can I make the printed version wrap? As I have it at present, the
whole score is forced into a single line (one for each part, that is), and
I can't see a menu or other command that would affect this.

Apologies if I'm in the wrong place.

--
Rgds
Peter