[Denemo-devel] Creating a scoreboard

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Creating a scoreboard
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:02:38 -0500

If I wanted to create a scoreboard file for games in scheme what library would I use to load abd save a file was formatted something like name:score
Example:

Linus Torvald:999858
Bill Gates:10

Would regex be best here?
After the user finished the game her name is asked by an input dialog. Then her score is displayed on a scoreboard with the other users score. Or it could be possibly against only their scores. Some kids get discouraged when peers are much greater then them. The majority step up their game a bit. I thought these scierbiard files can be saved in the .denemo directory with a $programname_scorefile

I think what would be required would be the directory name of .denemo accecable via guile and some sort of way if displaying formatted with a couple of buttons. The buttons can be assigned "play again" and "quit" these button assignments should be variables so the textbox can me reused for other things.