[Denemo-devel] [bug #28032] Excerpt to PDF

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #28032] Excerpt to PDF
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:47:49 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #28032 (project denemo):

Is PDF from selection the same as print excerpt?
Print excerpt sounds like it would generate a pdf, but print excerpt actually
generate a .png file which is what you'd want for excerpt preview/preview
selection.
Regardless, there's a problem when you try to use Print Excerpt on more than
one staff: namely, it seems to only display the first note in each measure.
To see this, start with two staffs, and insert any old quarter notes into the
first three measures of each, then go to print excerpt, select measures 1-2,
and you should see what I'm talking about, e.g.
staff1: e4 e f g  g f e d   c c d e
staff2: c4 c d e  e d c b   c c b c
gives only
e g
c e
as output.
One obvious problem is that the selection that's performed stops on the first
note of the final bar you want, rather than at the end of the final bar.  But
that doesn't explain why the first note of all the other measures are the only
ones included in the output.
Using the command on only one staff appears to work fine.
And as you said, the error that pops up should tell you to configure your
image viewer under Change Preferences->Externals, not your pdf viewer.
Trying to set the selection manually and then using Print Excerpt produces an
apparently blank png if you, for instance, try to select the entirety of
measure 1 in both staffs.
Also I observed that selecting in multiple staffs doesn't allow ending the
selection in the middle of a measure.  But that's a separate issue.
This was all tested on 0.8.10 on windows xp.
Thank you for all the work you're doing.  This should make preparing my next
work a lot simpler than previous lilypond debugging and compiling and
correcting nightmares.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?28032>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/