[Denemo-devel] fluidsynth in windows

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] fluidsynth in windows
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:22:37 +0000

I have downloaded and run the windows version built today by Nils.
The MIDI input via fluidsynth works - I did not even install the
software that came with the midi controller.

But no fluidsynth out.
Using denemo-console I see some errors trying to define the
DenemoPref_xxx variables:

A script error for file/script (define DenemoPref_denemopath "C:\Users
\jen") ; the throw arguments are (scm_lreadr #<unknown port>:1:36:
illegal character in escape sequence: ~S (U) # f)

These will be due to the \ char not being escaped.
The interesting error though is this one:

 Version 0_8_11_Winfluidsynth: error: FluidSynth hinstance not set,
which is need ed for DirectSound  ** (denemo-console.exe:6024): WARNING
**: Failed to create the audio driver

so this explains the no sound. "hinstance" looks a funny sort of word,
if it is not just a typo.
Any thoughts?