Re: [Denemo-devel] The 0.8.12 release

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The 0.8.12 release
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 23:30:38 -0600

On Dec 20, 2009, at 4:45 PM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sun, 2009-12-20 at 16:09 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

On Dec 20, 2009, at 1:24 PM, Richard Shann <address@hidden>
wrote:

Jeremiah, is there anything needed for the release that I can help
with?
- I will have some time tomorrow...

Jackmidi only outputs on device 0 for some reason.
I'll try out the jack stuff and look thru the code.

I have studied this
for a long time and  getting nowhere. Renaming Jack ports sometimes
causes a crash.
when do you have to do this?

I notice the crash when three ports are created under one device upon loading denemo. I then decide to rename the three ports that are created. The first two always succeed and the third always fails. This is unusual I can test it more tommorow. It segfaults in the jackmidi function rename port when calling g_list_nth(...). I am not sure why it is failing here.

I don't understand why. The midi/audio output
selection does not save for some reason.
Is this a preference you are referring to?

Yes in the first tab that is opened in the preferences there is a drop down for selection of portaudio, fluidsynth, or Jack. These do not get saved and/or reloaded on restarting Jack. If a user only wanted to use Jack audio out but wanted to leave the option open to use fluidsynth then it would be anoying for that user to have to select this every time. I can probably fix this easily. I will do that tommorow.

I will have time tommirow
also but I think I am done working on the jack stuff unless I have
some revelation on how to fix things.

Also does cut/copy/paste work out of the box. Last I checked it did
not work for me.
hmm, last message from Nils said that paste did not work. I deleted
my .denemo and tried it (with my fluid build I think, not jack) and it
seemed fine. I will try something even cleaner...

I will test this further also and report back.