Re: [Denemo-devel] fonts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] fonts
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 09:01:11 +0100

Scaling: Denemo draws in a scale where the space between staff lines is
10 (assuming zoom = 100%).
Placement: the SVG file has two fields width and height near the start.
The DenemoDirective graphic is drawn at (width/2, height/2). If the
drawing instructions ( the d="...." ) extend outside the heightxwidth
box it will be clipped. There may be performance implications if the box
is larger than it needs to be to include all the drawing.

e.g. in Breve.svg I see:

   width="21.400721"
   height="10.41323"

so the Breve is a little higher than the distance between staff lines,
and ~twice as wide. The drawing instructions seem to be a little too
large and the glyph is slightly clipped I think.
HTH
Richard