[Denemo-devel] Copying/pasting between staffs

From: Ken Restivo
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Copying/pasting between staffs
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 21:02:08 -0800

This is even weirder.

I wrote this bassline, input it in bass clef, then copied it to the guitar
staff above it, which is G clef.

http://restivo.org/misc/denemo4.png

And, uh, the head directions are upside down, and also it's a whole step too
low, I guess it didn't know to translate between clefs. Curiously, the MIDI
notes DO know how to do that, and play correctly! Just shows up on screen wrong.

I looked at the transpose feature, but couldn't figure out the secret magic
code to get it to just transpose up 1 whole step from what is shown on screen.
There's this crazy note in there saying that "ees" means a minor third up. That
makes no sense in any universe I know of. Anything I try, transposes it a
couple octaves below where it needs to be anyway. Numbers don't work. It's
bizarre. So I guess I need to transpose it 13 or 25 half-steps above, and would
love to just be able to put in the number of half-steps to transpose it.

-ken