RE: [Denemo-devel] Need help wih latest Windows version -- I/O

From: Richard Shann
Subject: RE: [Denemo-devel] Need help wih latest Windows version -- I/O
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:27:54 +0000

On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 20:30 -0500, Alan Sharkis wrote:
> Hello Richard,
>
> OK, this time your message came through twice.
>
> The radio button is clicked.  Nothing happens.  No check appears, and
> when I
> restart the program, it reverts to "No External Input."
This means that the internal synth (fluidsynth) is failing to connect to
the midi-in controller. It should do (no other settings in
Edit->Preferences are needed for this, and it would be good to remove
your .denemo folder before re-trying, just in case settings there can
make things bad). There is a diagnostic executable called
denemo-console.exe which will be found in c:\program files\denemo

the ...... is just a hole in my memory, I think it may be nothing at all
or perhaps \usr\bin
If you run that executable it opens a terminal and we may see a message
from fluidsynth explaining why it can't find your controller.
The Denemo binary release has no midi-out other than to file (use Save
As and choose .mid) for windows. (Volunteers needed :)