Re: [Denemo-devel] Overwriting existing pdf/png files.

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Overwriting existing pdf/png files.
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 09:03:42 -0600

On Jan 22, 2011, at 4:39 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

The export pdf/png routines warn if you try to overwrite only if you
give the full name with extension.

I was wondering about that. Also when exporting png, having a filename with .tex .texi .ps .ly and .eps will be overwritten. Should I check for these files in export_pxx_action? If so the user may be confused that filename.eps is causing a conflict when there is no filename.png.

You can overwrite MyFile.pdf by
giving MyFile as the name - Denemo adds the .pdf extension but does not
check. This is a mess to fix at present, as the list checked is only
used for synchronous export (the .ly and .midi etc), and can't have .pdf
or .png in it as these are async.
sigh!

The only things using g_spawn_sync is convert-ly. Everything else is async. I can construct the resulting filenames and then check for them so they are not overwritten. Would that fix it?