[Denemo-devel] A small note on whats crippling Denemos playback

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] A small note on whats crippling Denemos playback
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 23:02:51 +0100

Hello fellow playbackers

On my neverending search why Denemo has so worse playback performance I did a
long test run this evening:

Internal Synth with all audio drivers (except Pulse!), Jack, all combinations
of different latencies and samplerates and even a .sf2 soundfont with only 1
MB, which is 9 times less than our current one :)
As expected nothing changed at all.
I tested out different ways of giving midi infos (staff properties, midi
directives, non at all, tempo slider etc. etc.). No change here, too.

And then I deactivated score view. Tadaa! Playback suddenly works as expected.
We do nothing crazy in Denemo with an 8 MB soundfont, no effects and my 10
channels in the test file. It should be able to work with a multiple factor of
these values.

So something is fundamentally wrong in the playback/visual part.

Nils