[Denemo-devel] Gub build

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Gub build
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:36:46 +0100

Nils,
I tracked down the gtk library change in janneke's gub:

<rshann>
https://github.com/janneke/gub/commit/e5547d4d71455b548dcce9e041c5ae20ccbfddc4
<rshann> this has
    source =
'http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/platform/2.26/2.26.3/sources/gtk
+-2.16.4.tar.gz'
<rshann> +    source =
'http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/platform/2.27/2.27.91/sources/gtk
+-2.17.9.tar.gz'
<rshann> this was done 29th January 2011

With your latest installer,
So, I guess you have (unwittingly?) updated your gub sources since then
and hence changed gtk library to one which has a bug in the GtkEntry
widget.
(I say unwittingly because you have said
<Nils^> I did not change gtk version. It is still the version from 2008
or 2009
which conflicts with the version of libgtk reported by the file explorer
on libgtk from your latest gub build)

Are you able to try either bumping the version further to try and find a
version that does not have the GtkEntry bug, or reverting this change
(so that we get back to gtk-2.16.3.tar.gz which was working)? The latter
may break something that LilyPond relies on I guess, though not very
likely. If you need to revert the gtk library version then I will need
to change draw.c to avoid the call to gtk_widget_has_focus which is a
more recent function (easy to do, involves replacing it with a now
deprecated macro). Let me know if this is needed.