[Denemo-devel] Build/Compile Instructions

From: Glen Peterson
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Build/Compile Instructions
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 14:34:58 -0500

With jjbenham's help on freenode #denemo, I was just able to download
and build denemo.  I thought I would share my notes from this
experience in case they would make anyone's life easier.  I looked for
something like this in the README file, but it said to check the web
site.  I tried to click on "Guide to Compiling" on the web site, but
it complained that I wasn't logged in.  I tried to set up an account,
but never got the confirmation email.  Someone might want to update
the README file, web site, or account setup so that others have an
easier time.

Denemo Build Instructions
Last updated: 2012-02-04
By Glen Peterson with jjbenham's guidance
Denemo Build: 0.9.2
Tested on Linux Mint 11, 64-bit fresh install, no codecs.

Go to:
http://www.denemo.org/Download

Download, "A snapshot tarball" from under "Sourcecode."  Do not use
the GIT repository, or the "Linux" download.  It should be called
"denemo" not "denemo-master"

I then installed the following packages (list them after sudo apt-get
install).  I fiddled around with Software Sources but don't really
remember what I did there besides enabling sources.

guile-1.8-dev
libgtk2.0-dev
libxml++2.6-dev
libgtksourceview2.0-dev
librsvg2-dev
libsmf-dev
portaudio19-dev
libaubio-dev
libfftw3-dev

Denemo warned me when I tried to run it without Lilypond and jjbenham
said I needed it.  This is the only download that takes a long time to
install:
lilypond

I installed this, but not sure I had to specifically do so:
guile-1.8

The following packages were REMOVED in the process:
  libjack-jackd2-0

# Then unpack tarball and:
cd denemo-0.9.2/
./configure