Re: [Denemo-devel] portaudio + fluidsynth

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] portaudio + fluidsynth
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:18:51 -0500

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 09:22:51AM +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> This is now not hogging the cpu, but I hear quite rough audio sometimes.
> Can you check the quality of the audio output on your systems for this
> configuration (which is, I take it, the default)?

It sounds great. It is crashing denemo everyonce in a while. Here is what it
says at the command line:

finished MIDI generation
starting playback
stopping playback
ALSA lib pcm.c:7316:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred
READONLY 0
starting playback
stopping playback
stopping playback

No of displays : 1

So it seems that this buffer underrun caused denemo to crash. We need to put
something in place that protects denemo from crashing when there is a buffer
underrun.