Re: [Denemo-devel] Showstopper bug?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Showstopper bug?
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 09:16:34 +0100

Dominic,

Further to this I just tried the git blame command and got this:

git blame -C -L 68,68 src/portmidibackend.c
a03ecf7d (rshann 2012-01-09 18:16:18 +0000 68) return;

Looking up that commit I find this comment:

Implement the pause feature for playback. Note playback via midi backend
is disabled as it continues to update the playback time regardless of
pause.

So it seems that if you re-enable the portmidi backend it will have the
bad effect that during a pause the playback time will continue to get
updated. The playhead will continue to move along the notes, although
the portaudio output is paused.
 So that will be why I disconnected the code. To re-connect, it will
need to use the same sort of code as the portaudio backend to handle
time while pause is in effect.

Richard