Re: [Denemo-devel] [bug #36502] 0.9.4rc4 missing headers

From: Dominic Sacré
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] [bug #36502] 0.9.4rc4 missing headers
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 02:44:52 +0200

Hi Jeremiah,

On Wednesday 23 May 2012 18:14:00 Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> Would it create a problem if I just removed the conditionals "if
> HAVE_JACK, etc..." and included all the sources no matter what the
> ./configure finds?

Before GSOC the JACK sources had #ifdefs within the source file, so "make"
would effectively compile empty source files when JACK support was
disabled.
Excluding the source files from compilation via conditionals in
Makefile.am seems like a much cleaner solution. But of course this way
trying to compile e.g. jackbackend.c would fail if JACK is really not
available.

> Is there a reason ringbuffer.c and .h can't be both included? The below
> also does not list  the relative header files to the included source
> files.

I think including the corresponding header files in each of the
conditional lines would fix this problem. Including the headers in
Makefile.am seemed useless (and kind of wrong) to me, but I didn't know
that it is actually relevant for packaging. Should I commit a fix?

ringbuffer.{h,c} is a little peculiar by the way, as it's just a local
copy of JACK's ringbuffer implementation. It might conflict with the
"real" JACK ringbuffer, so it should never be compiled when building
Denemo with JACK support.

Dominic