[Denemo-devel] [bug #36975] Right clicking to edit objects in 0.9.5

From: John Beattie
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #36975] Right clicking to edit objects in 0.9.5
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 10:24:07 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

In a response to bug 36928, Richard said that "the voice directives are not
editable by clicking on the lower of the two
"tool" icons before the staff (which used to be the case)".
This may be a more general version of what Richard saw but I have been having
problems with editing objects on both rc1 & rc2. I usually use right click but
I also tried Edit->Edit Object with same effects.

I have the "Titles, Buttons, etc" view turned on.
In rc1 I noticed I was getting different results by different buttons. (some
might have been created by some of my own scripts so that might be a
difference but I think I was getting same mixture of results from both mime &
standard scripts).
Sometimes right click went to edit directive dialog as expected. Other times
it was as if it re-run the script as if it was the first time. Other times it
re-run the script with previous value in as default.
In rc2, with the music I have been using for the recent tests I have several
sets of Multi-Measure Rests which occur at starts of phrases which are marked
by a bar number. I have a pair of scripts that turn bar numbering on and off.
So I turn numbering on at end of previous bar and off at end of current bar. I
do this after multi-measure rest have been set. This all works fine and has
done for several releases of denemo. So imagine the screen: bar ending green
line (number on), barline, MM rest, green line(number off), barline, grouped
mm rest.
If I work my way along that line, right clicking each directive I get:
number on -nothing happens with right click
mm rest -nothing happens with right click
number off -nothing happens with right click
grouped mm rest - a single whole measure rest appears, bar goes red and
existing grouped rest is pushed across to overlap one in next measure.(didn't
want to edit that one anyway so undid the change)

Further on I have exactly the same thing except this time I want to change the
mm rest; I want to increase its minimum-length. I can't edit the mm rest so I
use Directives->Insert Lilypond. As with previous releases, this sometimes
causes two directives to be merged into one and that was what happened here.
Graphic for mm rest was replaced by another green line. (I think at this stage
the bar went blue) This directive could be edited so I did. Tag field caused
by insert directive looked like garbage so I changed Tag to MultiMeasureRest
(a mistake), I also changed graphic to MultiMeasureRests, setup offsets, and
moved the override for minium-length to prefix. I don't think the graphic
changed immediately but it was ok next time music was loaded. When I noticed
the mistake in the tag, I edited it again and put the s on the end. After
doing that the directive could no longer be edited. NB the measure above is
still blue (and found by check score but I'm not sure why -it is typeset the
way I was expecting  it to be.)

Between this music & the more complicated piece I was working on when I
started with rc1, I have seen unexpected results with editing directives at
left of staffs, in Score->edit score directives, within staff and on buttons.
The example about the tag name above suggests some of these changes might be
deliberate, if so I'm not sure they should have been changed.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?36975>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/