[Denemo-devel] bugs (new user)

From: dma
Subject: [Denemo-devel] bugs (new user)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 03:03:52 -0600 (CST)

Using 0.9.6 in WinXP-Pro sp3 on a Dell D630 laptop, 2G RAM with 650MB
still available according to task manager.

1)When entering notes with editor and playing back what I've just added, I
sometimes get the red vertical bar denoting an error when, really, there
isn't an error.  I figured out that I could clear the condition by exiting
denemo and restarting.

2)Quitting denemo fails consistently.....compiles Lilypond then partially
freezes with the window still open and the process still listed in the
task manager.  The window  still has execution; I can drag it around the
desktop and I can click the red X to tell it to shut down again, whereupon
Windows responds with a "this program has stopped responding...." message.
 I respond with "end now" and finally it quits.  If I did a save before I
quit, everything is intact when I restart the program.

Now, admittedly my installation of WinXP is pretty dirty from me
installing and removing many programs that I've tested.  And Task manager
shows 52 processes active when only Firefox and Thunderbird are running.
Maybe I should install denemo on a fresh, clean install of XP.

3) I got admitted to this developer list (obviously) but for the main
website login I applied but never got the confirmation email.  So I
applied again with a different UID and still didn't get the confirmation
email.  If I reapply with the original UID I get an "ID already taken"
error, but I can't log in with it, because it isn't confirmed.

4) I see, in a previous post on this list today, references to 0.9.7.  But
I can't find 0.9.7 in the executables available for download.  I'd be
happy to use 0.9.7 if I could find it.  I can't compile it myself.

This is a spectacular program and worthy project.  I hope you can continue
the effort.  Thank you all for your efforts.

Dave Allen