Re: [Denemo-devel] The 1.0 release

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The 1.0 release
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:08:42 +0000

On Wed, 2013-01-23 at 11:00 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> but lilypond does not run - even
> > if I set the LilyPond full path (via the preference->externals).
>
> What do you think is causing this not to work?

This is *very* strange. I have instrumented the lilypond launch script
(which is installed in ~/bin by the installer for lilypond when using
the user-installed rather than distro version) so that it says what it
is passing to the lilypond executable (which is in ~/lilypond/usr/bin).
I made it output what it invoked to a file ~/junk.txt
thus:

#!/bin/sh
me=`basename $0`
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/rshann/lilypond/usr/lib"
echo "Lilypond invoked as /home/rshann/lilypond/usr/bin/$me with " " $@" "
ok????" >> /home/rshann/junk.txt
exec "/home/rshann/lilypond/usr/bin/$me" "$@"

It is remarkably simple - it is only setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then
running the executable with the passed in parameters. I see the
following

Lilypond invoked as /home/rshann/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond with   -v
ok????
Lilypond invoked as /home/rshann/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond with   --pdf
-o /tmp/DenemoMg76GJ/denemoprintB /tmp/DenemoMg76GJ/denemoprintB.ly
ok????

That is, the invocation for the version number, followed by the
invocation to generate the pdf. If I do this at the command line it
works but not from the script, which is what denemo runs.

I guess the next step is to instrument what happens during this second
invocation, either with strace or gdb ...

But if anyone has any bright ideas I would love to hear from them as I
am baffled, and I feel I've got a fight on my hands.