[Denemo-devel] [bug #38731] Move annoying pop-ups to the side

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #38731] Move annoying pop-ups to the side
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 13:15:04 +0000

Follow-up Comment #5, bug #38731 (project denemo):

Yes, that was me. I'm surprised it hasn't received a response.

As far as I know the position of tooltips is only influenced in
gtk_tooltip_position [1], and not by any theme properties. The default is to
place the tooltips below the widget, though I haven't looked much into the
positioning rules since it I would rather have application-level control over
the tooltip position. For example, the positioning rules for the canvas
tooltip should differ from the menu tooltips, and a global preference to move
all tooltips to the bottom right of the main window would also be nifty.

[1] https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/gtk/gtktooltip.c#n1059

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?38731>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/