Re: [Denemo-devel] Chord symbols

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Chord symbols
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 08:47:22 +0100

On Sun, 2013-05-05 at 09:14 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Am 04.05.2013 21:26, schrieb Richard Shann:
> > I have just created a new version of the Lead Sheet example
> > (Open->Example->LeadSheet.denemo), by playing chords in. One chord (in
> > bar 15) is labelled Ao with the o being a superscript - can you tell me
> > what chord that means? I have just left it plain A at the moment.
> >
> > This new version is nicer in that the chord change on a single note in
> > bar 8 is now done properly, *and* you can listen to the chords on
> > playback - I am not sure about the chord at the end of bar 16 (I don't
> > remember where I got the chords from...)
>
> Are you sure you pushed the new version to git?
Sorry, I meant only that I had created a new version, not that it was in
git yet. I was still struggling with the Ao chord.

>  I still have the old
> version (looking at the examples directory in the denemo source tree),
> although I did a git pull.
>
> The superscript zero stands for a diminished chord, see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chord_names_and_symbols_%28popular_music%29

ah, I have it now, and the new version is pushed to git. The old version
has been re-named, but I don't know whether people will really want to
enter chord-symbols by typing the names rather than entering the
notes...