[Denemo-devel] Source directory

From: Éloi Rivard
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Source directory
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 17:29:14 +0100

Hi,
At this time we have more than 200 source code files in the src directory. This is a lot! :)
I suggest we create a few subdirectories so we can see a bit clearer. That would also help new users that may want submit a patch for instance, because all those files are bit confusing right now. Maybe we can have something like:

src/
 - generated/ This one already exists
 - import/ Sources related to file import (midi, musicxml, .denemo)
 - export/ Sources related to file export (lilypond, midi, xml, tab, pdf, png etc.)
 - backends/ Sources related to audio backends (alsa, portmidi, portaudio, fluidsynth, jack etc.)
 - ui/ Sources related to dialogs (command center, preferences, dialogs, palettes etc.)
 - scripting/ Sources related to scheme and scheme callbacks
 - core/ Others general sources (utils, main, commands loading etc.)

What do you think ? Did I forget something ?