Re: [Denemo-devel] Is there a way to have all pop-up windows be on top

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Is there a way to have all pop-up windows be on top
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 09:53:53 -0500

I could not set hide_windows to 0 so I had to patch the code to turn it off. I was trying to add chords to a leadsheet and it would have taken a long time to do it if every time I tried to insert a chord the main window disappears. It wasn't on the desktop. It was not in the dock. I switched between applications and then it would pop up.

How can we get any of the palette windows to behave like when you click the allegro button? That dialog behaves the way it should. It stays on top no matter what. If I click on the editor though I can't get it to change focus. So can we have it stay on top while the editor have focus.

Another thing that is weird is that when I click on the button to launch a palette it launches behind denemo. When I view a pallet from the view menu it is on top of denemo but goes behind denemo if the user clicks anywhere in the main window.

Jeremiah

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 3:07 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 2015-10-15 at 09:01 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> The code compiled with
> _MACH_O_ defined defines a preference Denemo.prefs->hide_windows to be
> 0
sorry, for _MACH_O it sets Denemo.prefs->hide_windows to 1; as I am on
Debian I had to set it to 1 in the debugger to test out the effect. So
the rest of what I wrote is ok.