Re: [Denemo-devel] non-typesetting file

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] non-typesetting file
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 13:58:37 +0000

On Tue, 2015-12-15 at 08:32 -0500, Ellen Schwindt wrote:
> Thank you for your careful and timely replies. It is great to know I
> can use the program even though I don't know that much about it :)
>

> I did replace my version of LilyPond. I still had to push ignore
> multiple times. It seems like this might only be a problem with files
> I began creating with an older version of Denemo as it didn't come up
> in more-recently-generated files I'm working on currently.

that sounds impossible! this window with the ignore button is well
downstream of Denemo.... More likely some muddle - just possibly you
haven't actually succeeded in using the replacement LilyPond from
Denemo. Then you will get it happening sporadically (I have no idea what
might trigger it off). (You did change the Edit->Change
Preferences->External->Lilypond field???)

> I did get the file to typeset, but I ran across this problem.
> When I added a staff for dynamics, the new staff was populated by all
> the time signature changes automatically--that's great. What's not
> great is that the time signature prints two times in some measures.
> Look at measure 8 in the attached files.
>

> Is this a bug?
yes, it's the long standing bug in LilyPond handling grace notes when
something else is happening at the same time. There is a command in the
Denemo Grace Notes menu to give the hint to LilyPond as to what it
should do. This command should be run automatically if you run Check
Score (you will hear a bump as it adds the grace note hints - yellow
grace rests).