Re: [Denemo-devel] No audio or print on Denemo, can you please help?,

From: Bernard Bourdillon
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] No audio or print on Denemo, can you please help?,
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 09:30:15 +0100

Sorry for not posting to the list about this previously, I'm new to all this. I still don't understand how to direct my contribution to a particular thread so this email could turn up anywhere.

Very many thanks for helping me with this problem of installing the later version of Denemo.

Do the following steps for me to take sound reasonable?
1) install the latest version of Ubuntu and work through the problems that this might pose for other progammes and hardware. Am I right that this would overcome the libglib problem?  I hope that will be done by Monday 23rd May.

2) I guess it is then worth trying to start again by installing the i386 emulation downloading the recommended binary distro as follows:

input commands:
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libc6:i386 libncurses5:i386 libstdc++6:i386

Download the binary package from...
http://denemo.org/downloads/denemo-2.0.6-0.linux-x86.tar.xz

Right click and Unzip/Extract it to a local folder. Open that folder and double click Launch_Denemo.sh.

3) If that doesn't work, re-try installing Andreas' debian version using the commands
cd [folder containing the 9 packages downloaded from http://www.denemo.org/~aschneider/]
sudo dpkg -i *denemo*2.0.6*_amd64.deb *denemo*2.0.6*_all.deb

Am I right that this should overcome the other problems?

Andreas: at one point you refer to 4 packages. Should I only be copying over the packages with 2.0.6 in the title?

Richard: the Denemo download site [http://www.denemo.org/downloads-page/] has this last command as
sudo dpkg -i *denemo*2.0.6*_amd64.deb
I guess this should be amended with the addition of *denemo*2.0.6*_all.deb ?

4) If that does not work, build/compile denemo with someone's help and feed back the experiences of a layman.

All the best
and again, many thanks

Bernard