Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo and Ubuntu

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo and Ubuntu
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 21:26:02 +0100

On Fri, 2016-05-27 at 20:51 +0200, Dr. Tobias Quathamer wrote:
> Am 27.05.2016 um 19:12 schrieb Andreas Schneider:
> > Okay, three dependencies are installed now. Continue with librubberband:
> >  sudo apt-get install librubberband2v5
> > Once this is done successfully, try installing the denemo packages with
> > dpkg as before. There may be a dependency problem with librubberband. If
> > it occurs, it can only be solved by rebuilding the denemo packages. In
> > this case, I think the best way to go is to compile Denemo yourself.
> >
> > Andreas
>
> Just a thought: If you don't need the latest version of denemo, you
> might want to install denemo-2.0.2, which comes conveniently with the
> current stable release of Ubuntu. Just use the package manager and
> install it. All dependencies will be handled for you automatically. ;-)

On the other hand, it is very useful for Denemo that people get to try
the latest stuff because mistakes in the code are much easier to find if
they aren't ancient. And Denemo is developing unusually quickly.

I'll be happy to help anyone to build from source (I've never found it
too hard), although I will be away for a couple of days.

Richard

FWIW these are the developments since 2.0.2

Release 2.0.4

    Conditional Directives on Chords/Notes
        Create editions with/without ornaments, fingerings …
        Conditional items are highlighted in the display
        Object Inspector reports on them
    Enhanced Object Editor
        Set Conditional Behavior
        Initiate Search/Edit from Object
    New Commands
        Margins for Duplex Printing
        Page Number Positioning
        Gaps in Staffs
        Enharmonic transpositions of passages
    Generating Parts
        Part naming extended to multi-staff instruments
    Score Checking
        Bug Fixes
        Skip Errors

Release 2.0.6

Released 15 April 2016

    Play Back Controls
        Buttons to play selection or from cursor
            Fix bugs with initial use
        Mute Staffs
            Mute/Un-mute all or groups of staffs
        Whole Score Volume Override
    Denemo Display
        Upbeat bar numbering matches typesetter
    LilyPond Error Reporting
        Separate report for each run
        Only report include filenames when they error
    Playback View
        Shift-Click to Navigate
        Revert to simple MIDI while editing
    Playback from Typeset View
        Unified interface with Playback View
    Lyrics
        Insert Skips
    Translations
        Chinese (Simplified) Translation

Release 2.0.8

    Copy and Paste
        Applies to note/chord attributes
        CtrlC, Ctrl-V work for these
        Copied marking is highlighted
        Selection changes color when copied
    Improved Acoustic Feedback
        Trill makes a short trill sound on entry
        Copy attributes sounds
    Improved Visual Feedback
        Status bar notices are animated
        Characters are highlighted in Lyric Verses
        Directives are made more legible when cursor is on them
    Cadenza Time
        For un-metered music
        Music can still display in “bars”
    New Commands
        Tuplet Positioning
        Curved Tuplet Brackets
        Cadenza on/off uses Cadenza Time, sets smaller note size,
editable text
        Notes without stems
    Multi-line text annotation
        Bold, Italic etc now apply to selection
        A guard prevents accidental syntax collision
    Updated Manual
        More detail
        Now indexed
    Bug Fixes
        Command Center search now reliable
        Standalone Multi-line text with backslash editing
        Pasting into measures that precede a time signature change

Release 2.0.10

In git now

    Lyrics Pane Improvements
        Save directly from verse