Re: [Denemo-devel] Changing Beam Angles

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Changing Beam Angles
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 12:37:06 +0100

On Sun, 2016-07-24 at 11:53 +0100, Robert Murdoch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have had a problem with Denemo since version 2.0 so I guess I should
> have written this sooner. I can't change beam angles on the Preview Page
> anymore.
>
> I right click the first notehead of a beam and click on "Change beam
> angle/position", it tells me to then click on the note where the beam
> ends so I do that, but if the cursor shows as the finger icon then it
> goes back to the main page and playbacks, and if I position the cursor
> so it's the arrow icon then it tells me to drag the markers but I can't
> see them anywhere.
>
> This was not a problem before version 2.0

Hmm, you are right, this is broken. I can't give you a fix straight away
- it is very complex - but you may want to work around the problem by
doing it "manually".
What you can do is to use Directives->Insert LilyPond to insert the
amount of alteration to the beaming that you want, e.g.

\once \override Beam  #'positions = #'(2.0 . 3.0)

will shift the near end of the beam up by 2.0 units and the far end by
3.0 units.

The downside is that you will need to fiddle about with the values to
find the ones you want. Worse, you will need to consult the LilyPond
documentation to find out what the "unit" is, and how exactly this is
working...
I've submitted a bug report for this problem.

Let me know if you need any help with this - notice that you have to be
quite exact with the syntax, that dot between 2.0 and 3.0 has to be
surrounded by space so that the two numbers are recognised as a pair...

Richard