Re: [Denemo-devel] Buttons & Scheme to enable middle of Measure split on

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Buttons & Scheme to enable middle of Measure split on print.
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 14:23:41 +0000

On Wed, 2017-02-08 at 13:55 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard.
>
> As suggested I have created a button in a MyPalette to inset both the
> AllowLineBreak and LineBreak Directives to be inserted as one.
>
> Two issues, neither desperately important:
>
> 1 Is there any way of suppressing the window telling me that the Line
> Break will not work (!)

You need to insert the AllowLineBreak first, then the LineBreak does not
complain (in fact, it does not complain if there is *any* directive at
the cursor, since it cannot tell what that directive might do)

>  and also the extra questions I get asked,

I've put in a bug report for that.

>  since
> I would rarely want the measure split differently in other Layouts
> (multiple Layouts are rarely used by me; split bars are frequent in the
> folk tunes I often transcribe).
>
> 2. The View>>Scheme Script process can be easily tricked

>  into being
> ticked when not visible, and unticked when visible.

If you can find a reliable way of doing this please use
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=denemo&func=additem
to give details.

>  (Just as Typeset
> Music, and Score Layout used to be..)

I'm less worried about the Scheme window than the Print View as only the
more techie people will be looking at it anyway, and they can cope :)
I think it is still possible to trick the others... but I don't know
how.