Re: [Denemo-devel] tick on Scheme Script on View Menu / The editing proc

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] tick on Scheme Script on View Menu / The editing process
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 18:39:23 +0000

On Wed, 2017-02-08 at 18:06 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Thanks. It clears it up.
>
> On 08/02/2017 17:29, Richard Shann wrote:
>
> > Well, the first is a bug :)
> >> 1
> >> When Denemo is started, View shows Scheme Script unticked
> >> If it is selected A Scheme Script window opens, and View shows Scheme
> >> Script ticked
> >> If the Scheme Script of, say, a button is input into the Scheme Script
> >> window the text appears in the Scheme Script Window.
> >>
> >> Closing the Window with X seems to update the Script associated with
> >> the button.
> >>
> >> Absolutely not!
> My misunderstanding. I thought it had, but it hadn't.
> >> At the same time the View menu shows the Scheme Script window still
> >> ticked.
> > Confirmed - this is the bug, from now on the tick box will be out of
> > sync.
> >
> >> Opening the Scheme Script from the View menu again opens the Scheme
> >> Script window BUT unticks the Scheme Script item in the View menu.
> >> Repeating the last action reverses both situations.
> >> So the menus says it is open when the window is closed and vice-versa.
>
> >> 2
> >> As a newbie I would have assumed that Opening the Scheme Script window
> >> would give me a blank window.
> > It will, unless you have loaded a score that has a script associated
> > with it.  (Such a script runs on opening the score - see the section on
> > scores that do things in the manual).
> >

> >> I could then type/copy-paste stuff in and save it as a button.
> >> Or I could Record commands into the Editor., and then save them.
> > yes
> >> If I right-click on a button and activate
> >> Get Script into Scheme Window I would expect the window to only
> >> contain the Script I had asked for, not all the previous script.
> > No, it doesn't delete anything from the Scheme window, it "Get"s it
> > appending to anything already there. Use Ctrl-a Ctrl-x first if
> > replacing is what you want.
> >

> >> Append Script to Scheme Window could add it to the existing.
> > perhaps the label should be changed from "Get ..." to "Append ..."?
> >> better as "Update Button from Scheme Window".
> > Unfortunately that would imply that someone kept track of where the
> > stuff in the Scheme window came from - it could be from multiple
> > sources, including typing it in.
> But isn't that what the command

which command?

>  actually does - replaces the Scheme code
> associated with the button with that in the Scheme Window??

the only way to replace the Scheme code associated with a button is to
right-click on the button and choose Save Script from Scheme Window.
You could equally well right click on a menu item and save it as the
script for that menu item, or as a new menu item, ie a new command.
The Scheme window doesn't know which if any of these things you may wish
to do.