Re: [Denemo-devel] Question about developing notation software for solfe

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Question about developing notation software for solfeggio
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 21:37:36 +0000

Some observations.

I have created a pallette with Labels C+> etc & the given short script for each, and this seems to work. I have a job to do transcribing some movements of a Britten symphony and I am intriqued as to whether this is quicker than my usual combination of keys to give tone and keys to give duration & spaces etc. So will continue to experiment.

I am getting some odd effects from the + and - keys.

My Keypad + and - are fine for sharpening./flattening an existing note. But don't work as prefixes.

My keys next to Backspace are :   _above-,  +above=    and then backspace.

Shifted, they behave like the keypad (just seen the Edit Note Shift+equal+Add, so that is documented)

Unshifted, they act as presetters, indefinitely, not just for the next note**

So if I press ==, i.e. double equals, unshifted, all notes from there on are doublesharps (or single sharp if they should be a flat.

I am not sure this is particularly sensible (though I haven't consulted the manual to find out if it documented this way).

Joe

**PS I have on several occasions nearly torn my hair out because to stop this happening (I have only just analysed it properly) I have had to turn Denemo off and then on again.

PPS is there a combination of keys that pre-transposes notes up or down? I have had Hans' problem entering an e and getting D and having to specify f to get the E. It has happened on several occasions in the past and I thought it was just me. Again it disappears after closing the file and denemo and reopening (so I am not sure that a copy of the offending file would help, if I can recreate it).