Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Repeat measures

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Repeat measures
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 10:21:25 +0000

On Thu, 2017-12-07 at 09:59 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>

> OK I tried it several times. Typical output in these two zip folders

I did

File->New
entered an eight 1/4 notes (aka crotchets) scale (ie two bars)
Dragged over the eight notes to select them
Invoked the
Notes/Rests->Note Insertion->Insert Percent Style Repeat
Entered 4 for the number of repeats in response to the first dialog
Entered 1 for numbering frequency in response to the second dialog
Entered a whole measure rest at the end

All worked as expected - see attached.
What is puzzling is that when I wrote last I didn't mention the second
dialog, and thought that the no-numbering-above the repeats was the
default (and explained how to edit it at the low level). I'm not sure
how I missed the second dialog that asks for the numbering frequency.
I wonder if the problem is with Windows hiding the second dialog? Look
on the bar (usually at the bottom of the screen in windows, well up
until Vista) which has icons for any open dialogs and persuade the
frequency-of-repeat-numbering dialog to the front.

further comment below
> test3a
> two bars at start of new file. Then highlighted both bars and used
> note insertion Percent repeats 4 (I think)
> added single measure with rest and closing barline
> Typeset said error: Exported Lilypond and ran test on it.
> test3.ly:29:27: error: syntax error, unexpected MULTI_MEASURE_REST
>          c''  %}
>                           R1*4/4 \bar "|."}

What is missing in your file is the first Denemo Directive at the start
of the repeated section (which has a bold "R{" showing in the Denemo
Display). With that missing all hell breaks loose, not noticed by
LilyPond until it comes to the end of the repeats. You didn't just
accidentally delete it did you??? Both times??? If you double click on a
percent repeat directive it warns you that it is part of a set of four
directives that must be deleted as a whole... But you can't have done
that - I'm puzzled.