[dev-serveez] RE: [Ethereal-dev] off-topic

From: stefan
Subject: [dev-serveez] RE: [Ethereal-dev] off-topic
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 15:11:25 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Clayton, Mark wrote:

> I think you're right that raw sockets are weak in Linux.

Hello Mark,
  we recently noticed that Windows 2000 !!! does recalculate the checksums
of fragmented ICMP packets correctly. All other versions of Windows and
all the current Linux kernels are not able to do so.
  Actually that is no reason to raise that system to heaven. That is
because Windows cannot send/receive user space ICMP packets at all. Linux
can.

Please tell us if you got any news at this topic,
        address@hidden