Re: [dev-serveez] Patch for using Guile

From: Raimi 'Raimi' Jacob
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] Patch for using Guile
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 10:54:42 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, stefan wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Martin Grabmueller wrote:

> > > ============================================================
> > > ;; Definition of a fake ident server.
> > > (define fakeident-server1 '#{
> > >                              "port" => #{
> > >                                          "proto"  => "tcp"
> > >                                          "port"   => 113
> > >                                          "ipaddr" => "*"
> > >                                         }
> > >                              "systemtype" => "UNIX"
> > >                              "username"   => "supa-raimi"
> > > })
> > > ============================================================
> >
> > My pseudo-patch implements the following:
> >
> > (define-server! "fakeident" "fakeident-server1"
> >   '((port . ((proto  . "tcp")
> >          (port   . 113)
> >          (ipaddr . "*")))
> >     (systemtype . "UNIX")
> >     (username   . "supa-raimi")))

> This is something i could live with, either. It is not as nice as before
> but acceptable. What do you think, Raimi ?

Since it was my probosal: Yes, i like that syntax. We could perhaps define
symbols for all serer types so that we could write

(define-server! fakeident "my-first-server" ....

instead of
(define-server! "fakeident" "my-first-server" ....

The port cfg thing might change. We discussed that port creation thing
already.

Bye,
    Raimi

--