Re: [dev-serveez] dynamic server loading

From: stefan
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] dynamic server loading
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:59:19 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Martin Grabmueller wrote:

> >   is that a way to go ? if we do it like that you can write server modules
> > using the libserveez (not yet created as you know) and load the module at
> > runtime. what do you think about that ?
>
> I think that is a nice solution.  It shrinks the size of the
> executable, in the future we might reload modules during runtime and
> it makes embedding easier.

Hopefully we are not reorganizing existing servers too soon. I guess we
keep static servers as they exist now. My proposal is: When implementing
`inetd' as Raimi suggested we are using the new concept.

BTW: I just started to libtoolize the Serveez sources. Basic changes have
been made.

address@hidden