Re: [dev-serveez] http cache (LRU detection)

From: stefan
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] http cache (LRU detection)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:21:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob wrote:

> > Put a note into the documentation ...
> > [If your harddrive/filesystem combination proves to be faster than the
> >  HTTP file cache you should disable it by setting both cache-size and
> >  cache-entries to zero.]
>
> then you have to tell how to determine this. Perhaps state that Unix with
> local filesystem is fast enough. Use cache under windows 9x (we should
> test nt/2k) and Unix with NFS or similar...

Who is actually testing that ? I assume you do *not* want to run a user to
use "http_load" to determine this ? But I cannot think of another
possibility right now...

> > > - some sockets dont get closed, when running the http load multiple times
> > >   the system gets out of ports...
> > I am not sure of the origin of this problem. The number of the socket
> > descriptor used by serveez to deliver the files does not increase. This
> > pojnts out that serveez closes its descriptors. Any idea ?
>
> perhaps that http_load program does not close its end of the connection ?

For some reason this program bind()s to an address before connect()ing.
Maybe it should pass the SO_REUSEADDR flag... Needs a review of the code.

Cheers,
        address@hidden