[dev-serveez] upcoming release 0.1.1

From: stefan
Subject: [dev-serveez] upcoming release 0.1.1
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 14:08:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hello list,

  I would like to ask if there is anything you want to see in the upcoming
release of GNU Serveez. Below you can see the announcement text which I
want you to proofread. Please tell me if there is something wrong or you
do not like.

GNU Serveez 0.1.1 has been released.

GNU Serveez is a server framework; it provides routines and help for
IP-based servers (TCP, UDP and ICMP) as well as "named pipes" for all
connection-based protocols.

It is available from
http://www.textsure.net/~ela/download/serveez-0.1.1.tar.gz, some time
later from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/serveez/ and mirrors of that site
(see list of mirror sites at http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html)

Changes in this release:

This release is meant to be a bug fix release including some important
new features. The named pipe interface under Windows (NT/2000/XP) is
eventually working correctly (has been a long term bug). The whole package
is now available as a set of RPM's, too (i386 and source). We slightly
modified the chat server master protocol in order to remove the number of
concurrent clients limitation. The core API library supports now a
virtually unlimited number of socket structures (that is to address the
c10k problem). The HTTP server file cache got a major performance
improvement. The coserver implementation automatically restarts its
instances on buffer overrun or death.
We also improved the state of embedding GNU Guile into Serveez. If you
enable the `--enable-guile-server' configure option Serveez supports the
implementation of Guile servers with Serveez. To bring this feature home
to the user we added Guile server examples and documentation.
As leftover from the previous release we added some documentation about
the dynamic loader interface of the core API library. This interface is
meant to provide functionality to load und unload standalone server
modules at runtime.

Martin: Over the last year Serveez changed a lot. I would like to know if
the project you started somewhere in 1999 is still something you intended
to do and whether we still follow initial design goals of your own.

Thanks in advance,
        address@hidden