[dev-serveez] Where to report ?

From: stefan
Subject: [dev-serveez] Where to report ?
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 20:37:18 +0200 (CEST)

Hello list,
  I had a look at the IP header checksum bug under Linux once again and
concluded the following: When receiving IP packets at user-level (created
via socket (AF_INET,SOCK_RAW,IPPROTO_ICMP)) you do not notice when a
packet get fragmented and defragmented by the kernel. This happens if such
a packet is larger than the maximum transfer unit (MTU) of the underlying
hardware. The checksum value stored within received IP header equals the
IP header within the *first* fragment with its size and fragmentation bits
set appropriately and *not* the one received.

  This occured on my Linux 2.4.0 and is reported by Serveez with the
default configuration file if you e.g. execute `ping localhost -c 1 -s
5000'. Would be nice to approve this behaviour on different kernel
versions.

  What I actually want to know is: Is this expected behaviour ? If not:
Where would be the right place to report it ? If so: Where is my
logic's fault ?

Thanks in advance,
        address@hidden