[dev-serveez] preparations vor 0.1.2

From: Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob
Subject: [dev-serveez] preparations vor 0.1.2
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 23:30:26 +0100 (CET)

hi!

effective now, my gate machine no longer has inetd. it is replaced by
serveez. telnet and ftp (not surprisingly) do work, problems will show
up within the next days.

the switch was really simple: i just (primitive-load)ed inetd.scm (part of
the distribution) at the end of my /etc/serveez.conf. i dont know if
serveez will be started correctly since i dont (ever) restart my gate
machine. i changed (and tested) all System V init scripts but i dont
(yet) know wether the startup (or the shutdown) process works...

however, i have some comments:

- automake-1.4-p5 is needed for 'make dist', automake-1.5 does not work.
- i dont know how much memory is consumed. "ps xwu" shows some 20MB while
  "top" shows 2.5 MB (which i tend to believe". memory usage does not
  change durng runtime (no guile involved). serveez processes share
  2.4MB, so each process has about 100k of private pages.
- i use serveez -v 0 to suppress all output of serveez. unfortunately this
  command line argument is not evaluated before the config file has been
  loaded. so all the "listing on port ..." message are visible in any
  case (and there are a lot of them since i there are about 7 local
  network interfaces on the machine).

anyway, it seems to be ok to release the code...

Bye,
    Raimi

--